Feeling grateful to be 30! Had a great birthday with little A and big A, and scribbled together this list of a few of the things I hope to fill my days with over the NEXT decade…my goal is to have ALL of these outings, accomplishments and quirky experiences (like milking a cow) proudly crossed off my list by the big 4-0….wish me luck!
30 FOR MY THIRTIES…
1. Write a novel
2. Buy a house
3. Grow a vegetable garden
4. See Zac Brown Band live
5. Get a short, sophisticated haircut
6. Volunteer to lead a PEPS group
7. Give Anderson a sibling
8. Read 100 new books
9. Camp on a beach
10. Ski and stay in a quaint little Colorado ski town
11. Travel internationally – it’s been too long!!
12. Learn how to cook with shellfish
13. Make my kids’ birthday cakes
14. Learn to sew and make my kids’ Halloween costumes
15. Get caught up on photo albums
16. Run a half marathon (extra points for a full one ; )
17. Do some sort of home improvement task on my own, like tiling a bathroom or a kitchen back splash
18. Become a published writer again
19. Family vacation to Yellowstone National Park
20. Become certified to teach childbirth/parenting prep classes through Swedish – and teach!
21. See more sunrises
22. Go to a Seahawks game
23. Take a road trip spanning at least 5 states
24. Milk a cow
25. Adopt a puppy
26. Have a really, really organized home
27. Create a piece of art I’m really proud of, to hang in our house
28. Join a book club again
29. Be more intentional about visiting out-of-town friends
30. Love others as I want to be loved, and never be too serious to laugh with my kids.